Tek-Matic offers a range of automated plate handling automation. As PAA’s North American distributor, we offer the S-LAB entry-level automation solution designed for multiple applications and ease of use. With its on-board computer and software included, it is capable of operating standalone, loading plates into a wide variety of automatable benchtop instruments from various manufacturers. For an ever-growing list of standard instruments, we can offer rapid installation. For other instruments we can provide custom integration service. Control is simple. S-LAB can be controlled via an intuitive user interface on a laptop, tablet or smartphone. Connection is via Ethernet or LAN.
Tek-Matic offers a basic and an advanced automated plate handler. The S-LAB Basic Automated Plate Handler is the standard offering. It comes complete with two bases and stacks (for input and output sample plates), control software, the connecting bracket for the specified integrated lab instrument and setup instructions.
The S-LAB Pro Automated Plate Handler is our enhanced automated plate handler, with its on-board computer it is capable of operating standalone, loading plates into a wide variety of automatable benchtop instruments from various manufacturers. With its six stack bases, five stacks, two nests, a barcode reader and other elements as standard this is the ultimate entry-level automation solution for a wide variety of laboratory workflows.
The S-LAB’s flexibility allows easy integration with instruments from leading suppliers, offering a cost-effective automation solution for all your science needs.
Both the advanced and the basic automated plate handlers offer seamless out-of-the-box integration with the following instruments:
- Hidex Sense
- Tecan Hydrospeed
- Tecan Spark
- BMG PHERAstar
- IntelliCyt iQue High throughput screener
- Nexcelom Celigo
- Synentec Cellavista
- Molecular Devices Spectromax range, Pico, iD3/iD5, I3x (with and without MiniMax)
- Thermo Multidrop Combi
- GE InCell 6500
Typical Applications include but not limited to:
- Liquid Dispensing/Plate Washing
- Cellular Analysis
- Drug Discovery
Benefits of the S-LAB Basic Automated Plate Handler
- Compact plate handler (portrait or landscape), with the reliability of a robotic arm. Can fit within a standard laboratory safety cabinet
- Already compatible with an extensive range of laboratory instruments, with Harmony™ and Overlord™ software for complete control
- Improves laboratory productivity with walk-away automation
Additional Benefits of the S-LAB Pro Automated Plate Handler
- Barcode reading and optical plate sensing for reliable, unattended operation
- Efficient handling of microplates; capacity up to 100 unlidded/80 lidded
- Handles lidded microplates providing sterility for cell-based or sensitive assays
- Handles up to 7 deep well plates with liquid dispensers/li>
- Delidding option on a nest
- IQ/OQ certification available
- Improves laboratory productivity with walk-away automation
S-LAB Pro Technology
|Base Assembly||Cable Connecting||Cable Tidy||Powering and Initializing|
|Mounting the Instrument||Plate Locations||Fine Tuning the Location|
Automation Storage and Accessories
Tek-Matic provides an extensive range of automation storage and accessories required to complete a fully automated solution. These are designed to be integrated both with our range of laboratory robots and other universally used robotic systems.
Automation Storage Options
- Hotel Racks
Hotel Racks are designed to store microplates for quick, at-will retrieval to load/unload media. Each Hotel Rack is compatible with various Docking Station and Carousel products.
- Sequential Stacks
Sequential Stacks are designed to store microplates for First-In-Last-Out (FILO) retrieval. Each Sequential Stack is compatible with various Docking Station and Carousel products. Sequential Stacks are designed for quick retrieval to load/unload media and quickly return it back to assay.
- Docking Stations
Docking Stations are engineered to repeatedly capture and release any configuration of Hotel Rack or Sequential Stack. Docking Stations come with adjustable leveling feet and surface mount locations for easy install. Push button release for easy storage device retrieval. Docking Stations can be connected to other DSUs using the attached DSU Bracket to increase storage potential. Up to 10 DSUs can be connected.
|Docking Station (Universal)||$875.00|
|Docking Station (Universal, Rail Height)||$1,000.00|
The Carousel is an automated rotating microplate stack or hotel base, designed for laboratory applications. This allows a large number of stacks and/or hotels to be accessed by the robot arm.
|Carousel, 6 Capacity||$9,250.00|
|Carousel, 10 Capacity||$10,175.00|
Tek-Matic provides an extensive range of automation accessories required to complete a fully automated solution. These are designed to be integrated both with our range of laboratory robots and other universally used robotic systems.
KX-2 Laboratory Robot
Continuous 360 Rotation Cobot for Labware
When considering Safety, flexibility, and reliability, look no further than the KX-2. The KX-2 offers continuous 360 degree rotation on the shoulder and wrist axes, providing process optimization and increased throughput.
The full enclosure design makes it intrinsically safe and proven technology delivers reliable performance for all your automation needs.
KX-2 COLLABORATIVE ROBOT FEATURES
With 360° continuous rotation of the shoulder and wrist axes and a multi-link arm, the KX-2 offers extensive reach for effective use of the available space. The radial compactness of the KX-2 arm, combined with a wide reach, allows easy instrument accessibility and optimal instrument placement, leading to improved instrument density, easy serviceability and increased throughput.
- Easy to decontaminate
The KX-2 was developed with contamination minimization in mind. The sealed design is wipe-clean with no bug traps, making it well-suited for Biosafety Level 2 applications.
- High Safety
The KX-2 is ideal for use on an open bench as operator safety is assured – the KX-2 stops safely on human contact. The fully enclosed working mechanism ensures finger protection, making the robot fundamentally safe to use. The KX-2 is fully compliant with safety standards: ISO 10218–1:2011.
- Simple to set up and easy to use
The KX-2 can handle a wide range of labware from different types of plates to tip racks, tube racks, petri-dishes and T-flasks, making it the robot of choice for a variety of research applications, including synthetic biology, drug discovery and biotechnology. The counter-balanced arm of the KX-2 allows handling of full deep well plates at maximum extension for optimal use of the work envelope.
KX-2 LINEAR RAIL FEATURES
- High Speed
A maximum speed of 0.75 m/s allows the linear rail to move quickly from one end of a large system to the other, increasing efficiency.
- Quiet Operation
The helical planetary gearing and belt drive keeps audible noise to a minimum.
Simply move the linear rail and robot to the correct position and with a touch of a button and the teaching is complete. Quick, simple, and revolutionary.
- Intelligent Motion Control
The linear rail and robot execute synchronized motion simultaneously. This improves efficiency and simplifies setup.
- Easy to Integrate
USB interface provides easy connection to host PC. Linear rail and KX2 can be added to existing systems, expanding capability and throughput.
- Standard I/O built-in
Digital and Analogue I/O available at the linear rail connector panel for interfacing and controlling other devices.
- Numerous Options
Every application is unique and with a wide selection of options including linear rail length and various KX2 robot options, the linear rail and robot can be tailored to your exact requirements.
|Features plus Cycle Test|
|KX-2 Training Part I: Unboxing||KX-2 Training Part II: Mounting||KX-2 Training Part III: Cables||KX-2 Training Part IV: Grippers|
|KX-2 Training Part V: Installing Software||KX-2 Training Part VI: Software Control||KX-2 Training Part VII: Teaching Robot|
|PSM-126 KX-2 Robot User’s Manual||Robot Control Software Instructions||KX-2 Rail & First-Generation KX-2 Robot Installation Instructions|
iWash Slide Cleaner
iWash Slide Cleaner for automated cell counting slides
TekMatic offers an easy-to-use slide cleaner as a way of minimizing the cost of automated cell counting and reducing biohazardous waste. Using patent pending direct injection technology, the iWash Slide Cleaner completely cleans and dries a slide in less than 30 seconds. The iWash Slide Cleaner is compatible with a variety of popular image-based cell counters.Download PDF
- Wash cell counter slides in less than 30 seconds
- Reuse the same disposable cell counter slide up to 20 times
- Completely automated
- Reduce biohazardous waste
- ROI in less than 3 months
- Bio-Rad TC20TM
- Invitrogen Countess IITM
- NanoEnTek EveTM& ArthurTM
- Logos Biosystems LunaTM Series
- Olympus R1TM
- Nexelom CellometerTMSeries
Miniature 6 Axis Robot
Industrial robotics in the palm of your hand
The Meca500 is the world’s smallest, most compact and most precise six-axis industrial robot arm. Its unrivaled precision and accuracy guarantee reliability in automating micropositioning tasks and delicate manipulations.
The Meca500 is the world’s smallest, most compact and most precise six-axis industrial robot arm. It is about 330 mm with a weight of 4.5 kg and a payload of 0.5 kg. Unlike the typical industrial robot, which is a complex, stand-alone system that is to be programmed via proprietary programming language and interface, the Meca500 is controlled as an automation component, much like a smart electric gripper.
- Flexibility in mounting orientation
- Controller built in to base
- Easy control interface (like an automation component or electronic gripper)
- Payloads from 500g to 1 kilo depending on speeds etc.
- Reasonable pricing
- Repeatability of 5 microns
- Unlimited rotation on the end effector
- Gripper and power supply options
- 260 mm reach
- A Cat. 3 / PL d safety module with E stop and safety I/O interfaces
|MECA500-R3 System Brochure||MECA500-R3 System Flyer||MECA500-R3 System User Manual||MECA500-R3 System Program Manual|
End-Effectors and EOAT
Effortlessly integrate your Meca500 industrial robot with our specially engineered end-effectors. All products are custom made for and fully-integrated with our Meca500 robot.
MEGP 25E electric parallel gripper
Developed in collaboration with SCHUNK, our highly compact electric parallel gripper is fully integrated with the Meca500 and features adjustable gripping velocity and force.
MPM500 pneumatic module
Our pneumatic module allows you to interface your Meca500 with various pneumatic tools. Use it to actuate pneumatic grippers, operate vacuum suction cups, or control automatic tool chargers.
Easily integrate your Mecademic industrial robot using our range of accessories and tools. Custom-made exclusively for Mecademic robots!
|Adapter Plate for T‑Slotted Framing||Adjustable Kinematic Stops||USB 3-Axis Joystick|
|Technical drawing||Technical drawing||Technical drawing|
|Demo Case||Storage/Travel Hard Case|
Antibody Analysis Kits
Assay solutions for IgG quantification and glycan analysis of antibodies and proteins
The IgG Quantification and Glycan Analysis kits enable increased efficiency in upstream process development efforts. The ability to measure both titers and glycan properties using the same high-throughput assay format saves time, lab space, and resources. Our easy-to-use assay technology is well-suited for applications including early clone screening, biosimilar production, cell line and bioprocess development, antibody and protein engineering, media optimization, and more.Download PDF
These assay solutions enable researchers to tightly monitor product qualities such as titers and glycosylation directly within their own cell culture labs, without having to outsource to different departments or companies. Samples can be measured directly from supernatant without lengthy sample preparation, and time to result is 2 hours or less.
Features and Benefits:
- No-wash, bead-based assay format
- Provides a low barrier of entry to easily quantifying IgG and analyzing glycan profiles by not requiring any special lab instrumentation
- Speeds up screening processes with time to result of <2 hours
- All assays take place in 384 well-plate format, to increase sample throughput. Entire plate does not have to be used at once, and can be stored for future use
- Easily automatable workflow to further increase overall throughput
- Conserves precious samples by utilizing much lower sample volume than traditional methods require (<10 uL of sample volume required)
- Quantification kits cover a wide concentration range and are compatible with a wide variety of analytes, including: Fc-fusion proteins; human IgG; mouse IgG; Fab fragments
- Glycan Analysis kits can screen for the following: core fucose; terminal galactose; terminal GlcNac; high mannose; sialic acid
PAIA Titer Assay Menu
For more information about PAIA titer assays please click here to download the product menu.
Glycan screening services
Check out our brand new antibody glycan screening service flyer
Automated assay development
Assay Robotics is a turn-key automated assay development service for pharma, biotech, and research centers. Our team of scientists and engineers helps companies develop and implement assays to run on new or existing liquid handling robots.Download PDF
Innovation via state-of-the-art assays is crucial in reducing the time and cost to bring pharma and biotech drug candidates through R&D and to market. However, development of these assays can take months, thus contributing to a major part of the drug development bottleneck. Automating assays is the key to managing the throughput, expensive reagent cost, accuracy, sensitivity, safety, and efficacy requirements. Assay Robotics is a turnkey automated assay development service to help companies develop and implement assays to run on liquid handling robots. Our goal is to help companies free up their schedules to spend more time working on experiments, and much less time spent learning to program and run assays on robotic instrumentation.
What does Assay Robotics assist with?
- Assessment and selection of best fit liquid handling robot manufacturer and software, or utilization of customer’s existing platforms
- Development of the assay(s) for automation, Including flexible assay design that allows companies to easily modify and adapt to future workloads and changes in a cost-effective manner
- Programming and integrating assay(s) into the robot
- Ensuring that project performance requirements, milestones, and timelines are met
- Demonstrating that the new automated assay meets or exceeds specifications
- Installation and implementation of the assay(s) at customer’s facility
Why partner with us for assay development?
- No more need to dedicate 100% of your staff to a short-term project
- Our team of engineers and scientists are 100% dedicated and committed to the completion of customer projects
- Faster implementation of enhanced assays
- Higher success rates in clinical trials
- Our team can speak the language of both scientists and robot manufacturers
- Expertise in wide variety of assay types, including cell-based, vaccine, genomics, proteomics, and ELISA
- Robot brand agnostic
- ISO-certified with a GLP-development lab
Nanoliter liquid handling workstation
The BioSpot workstation is the most versatile, low volume dispensing system of its kind. Designed as a modular multi-purpose workstation, the BioSpot incorporates the revolutionary PipeJet technology into a fully automated nanoliter dispensing platform. The BioSpot’s wide dispensing range and highly flexible nature allows for precise dispensing onto any type of substrate and can be easily customized to fit every user’s needs.
The BioSpot introduces unmatched advantages, extreme versatility, and many options for customization. Some features and applications of the BioSpot include:
- Up to 12 dispensing channels
- Non contact dispensing
- Extremely accurate CVs with built-in auto calibration camera
- Dispenses in the picoliter, nanoliter, and microliter ranges
- Small footprint
- Super low dead volumes
- Able to dispense into 96, 384, and 1536 well plates, and onto microfluidic slides and cartridges
- Built-in camera for fiducial alignment
- Zero cross contamination
- Able to dispense particles, living cells, viscous fluids, and more
|BioSpot Studio Brochure||BioSpot Custom Brochure|
|Biospot Robotic Station||Robotic Plate Handler for BioSpot|
and incubated Storage
|Biofluidix Microneedles||Lateral Flow Assay Line Printing||Chip Processing||AACC 2019 BioSpot Video|
|SLAS2020 BioSpot Video:|
BioSpot Studio and BioSpot Custom
|BioSpot Pipe and Tube exchange||Fast 1536 Well Plate|
|BioSpot Dilution Series||Direct Dilution with BioSpot|
|BioSpot Auto Calibration||PipeJet Kit and Smart Drop Start Up|
Custom Lab Automation
Robotics and sample handling systems
We’ve coupled the world’s fastest and smartest linear motor conveying system with state-of-the-art robotics and software integration, allowing you to transport and track virtually infinite test samples throughout your entire lab at one time. Our automation systems are designed to streamline entire laboratory workflows and drastically reduce sample cycle time from weeks to days, all while giving you the flexibility and freedom to choose your own lab configuration.
Features & Advantages:
World class, seamless integration from building architecture & infrastructure through automation and software integration
High-speed, intelligent sample handling
Remote lab development including web-based sample ordering, monitoring, and tracking
Global information sharing and access
From station upgrades to 24/7/365 lights out automation
The complete solution cycle from brainstorming through conception, engineering, integrating, and reality
Device integration and/or custom device development
Software integration and/or custom software development
Creation and automation of new processes
|S-CELL||Tube Handling 1||Life Science Automation Solutions Innovation Enabling Technology|
Ultra precision liquid volume verification
Introducing a new product we will be bringing to the lab automation marketplace. This technology is able to measure small volumes in microplate wells at 20 nL liquid volume measurement resolutions and Cv’s of less than 2%. The product will be available as a standalone instrument, or also in a sensor probe form factor that can be mounted right on your robotic liquid handling units. It is non-contact so there is no cross contamination, and it measures the actual liquid in your wells (not a separate calibration liquid).
Automated chemical reaction device
Indigo’s intelligent design allows users to easily automate more synthetic chemistry reactions, shorten cycle times, and improve sample integrity. Indigo easily integrates with laboratory robotics or can be used as a standalone automation device for chemists at their workstations.Download PDF
- Heat, stir, chill, and reflux all on one device
- Self-cleaning lid with auto open/close functionality
- Adjustable stir rates
- Ambient mode for pressure controlled reactions
- Accommodates multiple vial sizes
- Allows for safe reactions above reflux temperature
- Removable vial caps for in-process biopsy
- AutoPurge function evacuates each vessel
- Wide temperature range (-40 C to 150 C)
- Dynamic mode for “in test” vial swap and reagent addition
Simple, scalable, plate & sample storage
Treat your samples to the fully customizable Harbor series of sample and plate storage solutions. Harbor sample storage systems are able to accommodate a large variety of sample plates, can interface with your automation robots and software, and can be temperature and atmosphere controlled.
Features included are:
Customizable storage capacity to meet a variety of space constraints Rotary Hotel format or Linear Wall Mount format
Internal robot, external robot, or customer provided robot
Rotating hotels with external robot, or stationary plates with internal robot for sensitive storage
100% traceability through 1D/2D barcode reading, alphanumeric code reading, image scanning, or RFID
Sequential plate load/unload or random plate/location access
Standard inventory retrieval software, or full scheduling software
Standard HMI interface, or web app option for remote access
Ambient or temperature controlled option
Humidity controlled option
Orbital shaking option
Non contact nanoliter dispenser
The PipeJet Nanodispenser Starter Kit includes everything you need to realize your low volume dispensing application. The kit includes a PipeJet dispensing module and the control electronics, as well as the intuitive PipeJet control software. In order to allow for the simplest possible integration of the PipeJet Nanodispenser, the control electronics process external trigger signals. Additionally, the complete PipeJet functionality can be embedded into your system via the provided DLLs.Download PDF
Some of the scalable features and benefits of PipeJet include:
- Individually programmable droplets from 1 to 70 nL
- Dispensing speeds up to 120 Hz
- Super low dead volumes
- Valve-less technology
- Dispensing of live cells
- Zero cross contamination
- Non contact dispensing
- Extremely accurate CVs
- Able to dispense into SBS well plates, and onto microfluidic slides and cartridges
- Dispensing of aggressive media or viscous fluids
|PipeJet Kit and Smart Drop Start Up|
Automated sample storage and retrieval system
The Sierra is a rugged high speed storage and retrieval system for pharmaceutical and medical device products. At the heart of the Sierra is a linear motor based robot system delivering ultra-high accelerations with smooth, quiet performance. Cascading hotel racks allow for vast amounts of storage all in a compact footprint.
Some of the scalable features and benefits of Sierra include:
Full system scan
Compatible with other robots and conveyer systems
Temperatures as low as -20
Temperatures as high as 80
Integrates production systems via API
Easy to use
Custom options available